LITTLE CHURCH ON THE HILL MONUMENT





LITTLE CHURCH ON THE HILL
BUILT BY VOLUNTEERS WITH DONATED MATERIALS, THIS CHURCH WAS THE FIRST CONSECRATED JUNE 20, 1894. IT WAS THE ONLY HOUSE OF WORSHIP IN THE REGION FOR HALF A CENTURY. SERVICES WERE DISCONTINUED IN THE EARLY 1950'S. THE COMMUNITY RALLIED TO SAVE THE CHURCH AND MOVED IT TO ITS PRESENT LOCATION WHERE IT WAS REDEDICATED JULY 14, 1957. BETWEEN 1991 AND 1995 IT WAS RESTORED WITH LOCAL DONATIONS AND VOLUNTEER LABOR; ONCE AGAIN OPENING TO THE PUBLIC.
REDEDICATED JUNE 10, 1995
E CLAMPUS VITUS GRUB GULCH CHAPTER 41-49