JONES STORE MONUMENT


JONES STORE
AS THE CATTLE WERE DRIVEN FROM THE VALLEY TO THE RICH MOUNTAIN GRASSES IN THE SPRING AT A SITE NEARBY, TOM JONES SAW A NEED TO SUPPLY THE DROVERS WITH STAPLES AND SUPPLIES THAT WERE CONSUMED OR FORGOTTEN. AS IS TODAY, THE CATTLE DRIVES STILL CONTINUE AND THE DESCENDANTS CARRY ON THE TRADITION. WHEN BEASORE ROAD WAS BUILT IN 1936, A NEW WESTERN FRONT STORE WAS CONSTRUCTED AT THE PRESENT SITE. THAT STORE REPLACED IN 1954 BY THE PRESENT 2-STORY COUNTRY STORE. LIKE A LINK TO THE PAST, THE OLD MANUAL GLOBE GAS PUMP IS STILL OUT FRONT AND THE STORE HASN'T CHANGED. THIRD GENERATION FAMILIES AS WELL AS NEWLY ACQUINTED FRIENDS, STILL PATRONIZE THE STORE AND CAMPGROUNDS.
DEDICATED JULY 2, 1994
E CLAMPUS VITUS GRUB GULCH CHAPT. 41-49