COARSEGOLD MONUMENT



COARSEGOLD 1852 (COARSE GOLD GULCH)
GOLD - heavy Coarse gold-- was discovered in this area and the texture led in naming the spot Coarse Gold Gulch. Nearby, the Texas Flat Mine which was filed on in 1853, became the oldest and most extensively worked ledge mine in the district. Coarsegold's historic old well, originally built in 1852, once stood in the middle of the Road to Yosemite and was a welcome sight to the tired and thirsty traveler. It was moved sixty feet, in 1935, adjacent to the Coarse Gold Gulch Hotel, where landscaping and benches could be built around it. The reconstruction was a community effort.
This monument was created through Community Effort.
Dedicated by E Clampus Vitus,Grub Gulch Chapter 41-49 on October 16, 1993